Catching Up

Wow!  Where to begin!

We’ve had quite a few events happen in the past 3 weeks that have kept us on our toes.  First of all, my sister, Rachel and niece, Aria came to town on an emergency visit.   My sister’s mother was very ill and in the hospital, and she needed to come out rather quickly.  Unfortunately for her mother, she couldn’t take the baby to the hospital due to a Whooping Cough outbreak (no one under the age of 2 was allowed in), so we had the opportunity to babysit and get to know Aria better. She was such a good baby, and we loved having her here.   I’m happy to say that my sister’s mother is doing better than she was.  She still has a long road of recovery, but, the situation looks more hopeful.

My niece's little foot, because I think that baby toes are too cute!

My niece’s little foot, because I think that baby toes are too cute!

After being here for about a week, Rachel and Aria went home, and we moved on to get ready to celebrate Heather’s birthday.  It’s hard to believe that I have a 17 year old, and at the same time, it’s not so shocking that that much time has passed.   For breakfast, it was a trip to her favorite donut shop.   Followed by a lunch of macaroni and cheese (homemade), and the evening ended with spaghetti tacos (fans of “iCarly” will know about those).  Then, it was off to the cheap theater for a showing of the latest Star Trek movie.   I think she had a decent day 🙂

Can all of these candles be blown out at once?

The requested breakfast stop!


Late night Birthday Cake!

A few days after the birthday, Kevin went to the hospital, to have his tonsils removed.  The hope is that doing so, will help clear up some other health issues he’s had for several years.   We were scheduled to check into the hospital at 7AM.   It wasn’t long before we discovered, that it doesn’t matter what your age when you get your tonsils removed, you still get the kiddie room!1003521_10201353187448297_1441602320_n[1]The surgery went well, and we were both surprised that Kevin was still able to talk afterward.  However, 3 days later, his throat is too sore for him to talk.  So I’m trying to keep my questions to the “yes/no” kind, or just have him text me.  In spite of my efforts to make it easier for him, he still tries to talk.    I feel kind of bad eating regular food, such as pizza, in front of him while he can only eat scrambled eggs, mac & cheese, and popcicles.   I’m sure it will seem like he’ll be back to regular foods in no time.

Happy Sunday!




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s