My husband did this several months ago, so, I thought I’d come up with something similar. Anyway, trivial stuff about me! Enjoy!
1. Until I was married, I had had maybe 2 coffees, and I didn’t know how to make coffee. I married a major coffee drinker, and learned from him how to make it and my coffee intake is now every day, more than once per day. A friend of mine refers to it as “Mama’s Little Helper”, and I would have to agree.
2. My desk is currently covered with teacher’s manuals, school books and the kids art papers, a large printer. My desk seems to be the “catch-all” here in the livingroom.
3. I haven’t ridden a bicycle in at least 20 years
4. Current favorite soda is Wild Cherry Pepsi
5. I’ve been to a Star Trek convention (I went with Kevin when we were engaged. He got Marina Siritis’ autograph).
6. Favorite comic strips are “For Better or For Worse” and “Stone Soup”
7. When I was in 6th grade, I went to a Christian School and we went to our state capital to hear Jerry Falwell speak. There were several tv stations and protesters there as well.
8. I’ve been to Canada twice. The first time I went to Edmonton with my parents and I was about 4 or 5. My mom and I swam in a hot spring and I think that it was snowing there too. The second time I went was on my honeymoon and we went to Victoria B.C.
9. I’ve never flown on an airplane. All of my traveling has been done by car
10. I’ve visited at least 10 states
11. I took piano lessons for 2 years (most of my lesson time was spent listening to my teacher tell stories about her youth).
12. I’m not a huge cat fan, but because my husband and daughter are, we have them in the house. We have 5 of them.
13. We are organic gardeners. Actually my husband does most of the gardening and I do the harvesting and preserving.
14. I went to a taping of “Who’s The Boss” nearly 20 years ago.
15. Celebrities I’ve seen. The cast of “Who’s The Boss”, Scott Baio, as he was entering the parking lot of the tv studio, as we were leaving a taping of the show. Marina Siritis from “Star Trek: The Next Generation”.
16. amateur photographer (I took a photography class 20 years ago, but it would help if I took it again since we now have cool digital cameras).
17. I used to work for the 2nd largest computer software company in the world (hopefully it’s still the 2nd largest).
18. I grew up with dauchsunds as our family pets.
19. Related to Daniel Boone as I’m a descendant of his older brother Samuel.
20. My first 8 years were spent around a dairy. My granddad owned the dairy and my dad managed it. For 8 years we lived out in the country surrounded by cows. If anyone who lived in Lane County back in the 60’s and 70’s ever drank Lloyd’s Milk, that was from my granddad’s dairy.
21. There is a quilt with my name on it in the Laura Ingalls Wilder museum in Burr Oak, Iowa. My fourth grade class made a 9 patch quilt and donated it to the museum.
22. When I was in college, I studied to become a television director
23. I’m mostly Scottish, then Danish, Welsh, and a little Native American. My maiden name is an Irish one, but I think that’s about as far as it goes.
So anyway, fun little facts that you never knew, and probably never wondered about, but now you do!